A downloadable tool
PrettyPoly is an open-source (MIT), layer-based, polygon drawing toolkit for quickly creating 2D levels. While these tools will always remain free and open source, your financial contributions are greatly appreciated. Your support will go towards further development of these tools, our games, and parts for arcade machines that house independent games.
- freehand drawing of polygons and edges
- layer based editing
- mesh layers are combined to minimize draw calls
- fill with a texture
- scatter sprites and prefabs along the edge or within the polygon
- stretch or repeat sprites to create solid edges with rounded, beveled, or mitered corners
- set rules for which sides of the polygon sprites and prefabs can be placed
- color variation (control over hue, saturation, value, and alpha)
- size, position, and rotation variation
- polygon and edge colliders
- collision events based on contact normal and layer
- neat shaders for lighting and floaty bits
It relies heavily on Paraphernala, a collection of open-source extensions, utilities, components, attributes, and editor tools.
Click download now to get access to the following files: